how can I separate myself from my child?

I can`t leave my little girl with anyone she is to attached to me I can`t even go to the bathroom without her no one understands her and she cries so much and screams like someone is hurting her so I just don`t leave her. my life is at a stand still I haven`t been able to do or go any where, I haven`t even lost the baby weight so I have been depressed and I cry a lot is anyone going threw this besides me.

michelle159

Asked by michelle159 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's called "de-sensitizing". You have to leave her in very short time spans, and build it up a little at a time. Before you know it, you'll be able to leave for an evening, etc.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• you can try that but...... if you dont take control this willnever go away.. my sister goes through this everyday.. an hers is 3 now.. you have to take her somwhere and drop her off.. make her stay.. do a mamas dayout at a church or daycare..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would put your little girl in day care do some research and find a good one she will cry dont worry it is normal my son did the same thing after about a day or two she will love it try it. Remember yo need you space too yo will be a happy mommy and so will baby.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 3:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My DD was a HN baby. She had to have me hold/nurse her for the majority of the day. And guess what? She finally realized mommy wasn't going anywhere and became more secure in her surroundings. It is just another sacrifice that we make to be good mothers. It won't be forever and you will be wondering where your clingy baby went to as she pushes you away for trying to kiss her.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Find a great day care/mother's day out program.

Take her and drop her off.
    One hour later, come pick her up.

The next day,
    Drop her off.
    TWO hours later come to pick her up.

The next day, THREE, then FOUR and so on.

And remember, the worse you are about leaving her the worse she will be. If you're all worried and crying, she's going to be too. And you have to get out of the mindset that "no one understands her" - with that set in your brain, you'll never be able to cut the cord.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009