My 3 yr old cries over her sister...what do I tell her?

Here goes...my daughter cries over her 14 yr old sister when she goes back to her moms house. Not your typical kid tho....'mommy' was realseased from jail 1 1/2 ago and the 14 yr old went to live with her. They had to put up quit a fight from my hubby...ne way the big sister is doing alot of bad things my daughter will not understand and thats why she doesn't want to come over and furthermore I really don't like her around my daughter...my baby loves to mock everything her sister does. My daughter wants to go over and see her and for her to come over, but it seems the sister doesn't want anything to do with her. It hurts me because for the first 1 1/2 of my baby's life her sister was there everyday and was very involved with her. Whats a mom to do? I can't maker her forget her sister. This frustrates me. The girl and I have a very strained relationship now..we don't speak...'mommy' completely turned the tables.

KishaRW

Asked by KishaRW at 2:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Awww! I'm so sorry. But it is sort of normal for a 14 year old to not want to hang around their younger siblings.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Wel,l I would tell your daughter that sissy is just trying to do things for herself right now. It doesn't mean she doesn't love her, though. As for the step daughter, i would sit her down and have a long, hard talk with her about how she is acting. There has to be a reason why she has changed so much.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am soooo sorry. I'm kind of in a similiar situation with my stepson's mother, my ss has a half brother and a half sister that he rarely gets to see. When he does he always comes back from grandma's crying, who knows when he'll get to see them again?! And at home here, my 13 yro doesn't really want to hang out with his younger sibling. But I tell Bradley, "even though you don't like "hanging" out with Owen, he DOES look Up to YOU! You have to be a good role model because he thinks you are SOoo COOL!"
    I try to Boost Bradley's ego...give him a sense of self importance. Sometimes I think the one's that are left behind when the step-siblings go away feel LOST. Your 3yro might be wondering if she'll have to go away to? Big sis might be able to help her feel more secure. And big sis might be feeling lost too because she probably feels torn between 2 homes. She maybe acting out because she doesn't want to show shes hurt??
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2009