How long did it take for your baby to transition from crawling to walking?

My daughter has been taking a few steps here and there, for a little less than a week. Other people I know's babies went straight from crawling to walking within days! I know I shouldnt be so impatient because time flies blah, blah, blah.. but I'm so anxious for my little girl to walk! :)

Walking stories, anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• My oldest was crawling at 5 months (I think) but wasn't walking until 19 months...that's far from average though...he had fluid build up in his ears which caused his equilibrium to be off. My youngest started crawling at 5 1/2 months and was walking at 10 months. The average age for walking is between 12 months and 15 months. Don't rush her, she's fine.
    Anonymous

• One of my kids started crawling as soon as he turned 4 months old, but didn't walk until he was almost 12 months old. Come to think of it, none of my kids walked before 12 months (except for maybe a few days before). He was just the earliest to crawl.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Crawling since about 5 months... walking since 11 months.
    It sounds like she will be a pro in a couple weeks! Have fun! :]
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 3:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• hey it took JB forever to start walkn.. he never crawld much, he rolled everywhere.. LOL it was to funny.. but once he did he took off.. i wouldnt worry bout her.. they move at there own pase..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• my daughter started crawling at 9 1/2 months and was walking at 10 months.... she'll get it soon enough!! :)
    xanayda

Answer by xanayda at 3:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OP here.

I'm not worried at all about her, I know she'll walk when she's ready, I was just hoping to hear how long it took others to full on walk after taking their first steps.
    Anonymous

• my son started crawling about 5 1/2 -6 months lol ironically the day his dad left for basic
    and then a month later he was walking . by the time he was about 9 months old he was racing around the house ... still falling but it was cute
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My son started crawling around at exactly 9 months(which is typical) and walked at 14 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009