I need some help, sort of long...

Well, I lost my job. I was offered a government job so I gave my previous job 2 weeks notice. The government rescinded the offer because I have a pending court case, they cannot hire you until after judgement. So I told my previous job, and they decided not to keep me, knowing I'd leave the first chance something more challenging and better paying came around. I've been out of work since Friday.

I have 2 kids, ages 6 and 2. I'm stuck at home all day with my 2 year old while my husband works full time and goes to college at night. I feel like such a loser. I've done a shitload of laundry and dishes and just been hanging out with my 2 year old, but seriously this isn't it for me! He knocks over my laundry and thinks its funny. He spits. He goes and plays in the bathroom. Messes everywhere.

I need a job. I've applied for almost everything that I can find online for accounting positions in my area. (cont)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• (cont) I just want to drink beer and say fuck it. My son's not taking me seriously or listening to anything I say. He's so good at daycare too, I don't get it! I guess I can't believe that I'm not surviving staying at home with him, I've only been out of work for 3 days. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah I posted this in just for fun so more people will see it.
    Anonymous

• Check your state employment laws. In my state (MA)....after you give notice to leave employment, you have up until 24 hours prior to your last day to "rescind" your letter, and keep your job.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I've filed for unemployment, I don't want people to just hand me money. I want to work. I'm seeking employment. I guess I'm used to doing a great job and work and being rewarded, where as here I do something and my son just messes it up and makes me do it again. And it's menial crap, like laundry and picking up. Ugh.
    Anonymous

• I gave him crayons and paper while I was filling out applications and all he did was peel the paper off and throw it on the ground, and break the crayons and throw it on the ground. Another mess to clean up.
    Anonymous

• Dear unemployed I am sorry you lost your Job what a bummer It will take sometime finding another job but I know you will if you can afford to put Baby in day care do it for a month. get your house cleaned up while he is in day care do something for you a hair do your nails done what every you like then start to refocus if I lived by you I would help you.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 3:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• So why'd you have a kid if you couldn't stand him? He's just doing what 2 year olds do.
    Anonymous