Do you think Democrats have changed a lot in the last 10 years?

Well, I asked about Republicans so I thought I would ask about Democrats too. If you're more liberal/Democratic, are you happy with your representatives? I'm not just talking about Obama but Pelosi and Frank. Do you think they're a lot different now than the Clinton era and if they've changed, is it a good or bad thing?

smalltowngal

Asked by smalltowngal at 2:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-9 Credits)
  • I think they have tried to appear more conservative in the past 10 years. Many are playing the same religion game too...they feel they must "court" certain religious groups. But in this past election they seem to shed that a little.

Republicans have changed ALOT, It seems to be a clash of NeoCons and ultra christian conservatives that get the most air play.....But again, its all mostly appearance
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I used to lean in the Democrat direction when I was young. As I grew older I felt like Democrats were more about protecting individual agendas and not American citizens. Slowly I moved Right. I voted for Clinton in my first election. But then when Monica happened and he lied/skirted around the issues I realized I had morals and decency. I wanted my children to grow up in a nation with high morals and decency.
    myame

Answer by myame at 4:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think they have stayed the same maybe a bit more socialistic in nature but basically about taxing the rich and spending it on the lazy.

Anonymous

• I think some of the leadership has gone too far to the left, Pelosi and crew. As much as many Reps hate him Clinton was very moderate. My brother says Clinton was the best Republican president in his lifetime.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't think any party wants to claim Pelosi. She is one scary lady. I am registered democrat but that was because Clinton was running when I had to declare a party at 18. Looking at it now he was for less government. I slowly am shifting my views (but I really don't fit in either party). I really would rather have a 3rd party to vote for.
    Anonymous

• I think many leaders in the Democratic party have used its previous stances on freedoms and liberal ideas as an excuse to do what ever they want and call it "liberal". It gives the whole idea a bad rap.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2009