What is the best mineral make-up?

Looking to buy some and need feedback......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use Bare Minerals and LOVE it. I have very oily skin naturally but this stuff actually keeps my fave really dry. I never have to retouch my makeup during the day like most things. It's advertised as safe to wear even at night and won't clog your pores. It lasts a while too because it doesn't take much so the cost of it doesn't bother me.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I used the one by L'Oreal, and I didn't like it. I'm used to using liquid make up. I have dry skin though, and it seemed to make my skin drier and it went into my fine lines on my face (I'm 28 :(((( ) and didn't really work for me.

That said, I'm currently using the cream to powder foundation by Avon and I really like it. Not too expensive either, only $8 for the compact.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I use a tiny bit of mineral liquid from Maybelline mixed with some face lotion by Mary Kay, and then I use Bare Minerals over it as I have very dry skin and I can't just use the mineral makeup alone.

I LOVE Bare Minerals.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I use Mineralicious! It is made in the USA, affordable, and works Great! You can check it out here

onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 2:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have raw minerals and its great!! i seen the maybeline minerals it was 14$ for the set and had to try it to compare its not much different a tad darker but i thought it was fine but get a better brush than comes with the maybeline , a good brush makes a big difference!!
    Anonymous

• Never heard of the mineralicious. I'll have to check it out.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Mineralfacefx.com
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 6:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Avon makes great mineral makeup and its way less expensive than most other brands. It happens to be on sale right now too! www.youravon.com/dhullum to try it out! Free shipping with code fsany too :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I went back to liquid foundation simply because I prefer it, but the best mineral makeup I've ever used is Everyday Mineral. They are about half the price of Bare Minerals, they have sooo many colors to chose from in everything from foundation to concealer to blush to eye makeup, and they have 4 different formulas of foundation from a dewy glow to a matte finish. Plus they send free samples. All you pay in about $4 in shipping. Another plus is EM does not contain the ingredient bismuth which is in other brands. Bismuth can make your face itch like crazy if you're sensitive.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009