Have you ever stayed with someone after they cheated? would you? If you were married?

urromancelady

Asked by urromancelady at 3:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• If you ask this question to 200 women...you will get 200 totally different answers. Every situation is different. IMO if the person is very sorry for what they had done, the problems that led to the affair were resolved, children were involved...Yes, I would try to work it out. If I had years to invest in the recovery process. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree that you will get totally different answers and I expect you will.
    I wouldn't stay. I wouldn't be able to, and there would be no point really. The trust that the relationship was based on would be gone passed the point of reconciliation.
    amymarie0315

Answer by amymarie0315 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have stayed to a fiance after I was cheated on...then he did it again! So I left- before the wedding....after going through that, if my husband ever cheated- yes I would leave, no question about it.
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 4:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have been there with my husband and I can say yes I stayed and don't regret it one bit... It has not happened again, but I will say it took along time to regain my trust... I am happy today and all of the issues that lead to him cheating have been resolved... Needless to say I don't believe in "once a cheater, always a cheater" ...
    mom2four30

Answer by mom2four30 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well the vowels do say for better or for worse so yes.When you get married you have to work through your problems i just would'nt give up on it,No Matter what!!
    tracey77978

Answer by tracey77978 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'm in the same situation. Funny that I stumbled upon this. I have stayed. It's been 2 years, but I still have trust issues, which tear me apart. I stay because I have children and I fear I won't make it on my own...financially, probably the wrong reason. Good luck with your decision. It's hard to know the right thing to do.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have both been unfaithful to each other, for different reasons. We fessed up to our wrong doings, agreed to not repeat the activity OR the activities that led up to the betrayal, broke off contact with those involved and have been open and honest since then. It takes a long time to rebuild trust and the slightest thing can set someone off to be suspicious again so you have to really take a leap of faith in the person. For my husband and I, we have children together and really do love each other and realized our mistakes, promising to show each other our love by not disrespecting each other ever again. Good luck.
    Pogovina

Answer by Pogovina at 10:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes I have. It is easy to assume what we would do, but trust me, you NEVER know until it happens. It is not easy, it takes work ANd marriage counseling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• ive found nothing but cheaters n im better that theyre in my past where they belong
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 12:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2008