finding out or waiting!!!

So with my last two kids I found out what they were, and I'm going in for my ultrasound tomorrow and I'm not sure if I want to know. I kind of want it to be a surprise since it is my last. Did anyone else wait until birth? How hard was it? My husband really wants to know and said if I can think of a good reason to make it a surprise then he will go for it, help me think of a good reason please!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it depends on a few things. Do you want to start buying stuff early? Do you want gifts that are unisex? I had to wait becuase she was too shy to show us her hoo haa, but i my instinct knew it was a girl. It was hard. Towards the end of my pregnancy i was so sure that it was a girl, that i worried i could be wrong. So i tried to embrace the idea of having a boy, but thinking "GIRL" for nine months made that hard. Guess it was just a lucky guess.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• tell him you want to go old school back in the day when they were surprises!
    Anonymous

• no way
    its too hard to shop when you dont know what sex
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i think that once my fiance and i decide to have another baby..i think im going to find out if its a boy or girl..i dont want him to know =P well.if its a girl ill tell him..but if its a boy i prolly wont tell him im pregnant until a special day..he REALLY REALLY REALLY wants a boy and id love to tell him "Hey daddy, what should we name our son?" and he'll be like "huh?" and ill smile and hug him and then he'll prolly be pissed i didnt tell him but he'll be happy its a boy..

(we're havign a girl thats due for next week)

i think when we go for baby number 3 it should be a surprise for both of us...

A good reason why it can be a surprise is because you have to think of good names and then painting a room and preparing will all be nutral..u dont have to worry about ONLY boy stuff and ONLY girl stuff..u can get nutral stuff!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• We waited till bith with our third.. and while my husband and everyone eles was not so happy about it.. for me it was sooo worth the wait. I had two boys before, and my third birht was my first home birth. I really wanted a girl, and I was afraid that if Isaw on the ultrasound that it was a boy, I would be dissapointed, but I knew that if I waited till birth, I wouldn't care once that baby was in my arms. My husband delivered her with the midwife standing by, and the moment she came out and he handed her to me and we relized we had a girl... I started screaming "Its a Girl"... then my house being packed with people waiting for the birth all started shouting... "Its a Girl".... It was one of the most memorable times in my life!!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I just had my first back in November. I really wanted to find out, but my husband didn't but I convinced him otherwise lol. Anyways whenever we have another baby I'll probably find out, but I think when we decide that it'll be our last baby I will probably wait until birth to see what we are having. If your husband wants to know and you don't let him find out but to PLEASE not tell you what you are having. Someone said that they told the tech that the mother didn't want to find out but the father did so what the tech did was write on a piece of paper the sex of the baby and put it in an envelope and handed it to the father so that he would know and she wouldn't. Try that!

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't think my husband would be able to keep his mouth shut, he can't keep any secrets.

I just had my first back in November. I really wanted to find out, but my husband didn't but I convinced him otherwise lol. Anyways whenever we have another baby I'll probably find out, but I think when we decide that it'll be our last baby I will probably wait until birth to see what we are having. If your husband wants to know and you don't let him find out but to PLEASE not tell you what you are having. Someone said that they told the tech that the mother didn't want to find out but the father did so what the tech did was write on a piece of paper the sex of the baby and put it in an envelope and handed it to the father so that he would know and she wouldn't. Try that!
    Anonymous