What would be a good theam for a 1st birthday

i always go all out for all her 1st holidays but i just cant come up with some thing this time.i dont even know where to have it.

patlynn911

Asked by patlynn911 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• i'm having the same problem but i have a little boy! i still have awhile to figure it out though he's only 7 months lol
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I kept the first simple. Depends on where you are and time of year. You could throw a summer bbq with an under the sea theme. Have a sandbox, baby pool, squeeze toys with water in them. She's so little though, it's hard to know what she'll actually be able to participate in.
    Anonymous

• she is 10 mos. and she has learned how to walk. her birthday is in june11,2009.
    patlynn911

Answer by patlynn911 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Well the best them would be the one your 1 yr old likes......
    Anonymous

• theme*
    Anonymous

• I have 4 boys. Themes I used for "1" were, Winnie the Pooh 1st birthday, Teletubbies 1st birthday, Elmo 1st birthday, Thomas the Train 1st birthday. My best suggestion is to go to your local grocery store's bakery and look at the cake book. There will be pics in there of 1st birthday cakes, and that will give you theme ideas. I always try to pick a character that my child seems to like.......hence Teletubbies, Elmo, Thomas, Pooh.
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 10:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Oh, and as for where to have it. We had 2 at a local park, one at home, and one at my mom's house. Another good place is McDonald's! That way you don't have to clean up the mess!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 10:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• my sons first bday is this sunday! i've decided it will be a thomas and friends/train theme. not too overboard though. i have a thomas and friends bday banner and have ordered a thomas bday cake. and my SIL ordered a train engineer hat for him to wear since he's the bday boy! everything else will be happy first bday stuff or plain ole solid colored napkins and stuff. it will be at my house. we moved out into the country and have a huge backyard. plenty of room! and if he gets worn out we can simply go in the house so he can chill out or nap in familiar surroundings. I expect he'll be overwhelmed by the guests and commotion, so the house seems like the best place since it'll be familiar surroundings!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• oh and why I decided on thomas and friends is because thats one of the first shows/songs he showed interest for, and he even recognizes him in books!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2009