do people ever REALLY change?

im just wondering, because i love my husband the best way i know how to love and its not good enough for him and he says somedays im 'really trying and being good' and then two days later i go back to the way i was before. i've been the best to him out of all my other boyfriends ever and i do love him i guess i just feel like i ruined my life by having a baby and getting married at 20. i just dont know how to be better, no matter how hard i try i cant be a better person for him, i can only do the best i know how. what do you think?

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 3:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Change only happens when someone WANTS to change. Your probably depressed. I got married at 20 too. I barely knew the guy too when i got pregnant. It was VERY hard, he had children already and 6 months after my daughter was born he got FULL custody of them. They only saw their mother every other weekend. So, to me it felt like i gave birth to triplets at 20. I was a full time mama, & slowly learning that my husband didn't love ME, but what he WANTED me to be. And eventually, i learned i couldn't be anyone but myself. I left him, & found someone who wouldn't change ONE thing about me faults and all. That is unconditional love. My first husband wanted me to be something i was not, we were both un-happy. But now i count my blessings daily. I was blessed to find someone who loved me & all my faults.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Are you sure your ready for another one?
    Anonymous

• You shouldnt have to change yourself for someone. And on top of that you should have to try harder either. Love should come naturally IMO anyways
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 3:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• im not even pretending to be ready for another one for like 7 years! where did you get that idea!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Are you not the one who said they lived with their grandparents and was pregnant again? If not I am sorry I have you confused
    Anonymous

• noooooooo that wasnt me. omg i would die. i do live with my parents though.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i think the best is all u can do. hes gonna hav to acept that. he should love u for u. maybe try spendin more time with him. he should understand the stress of havin kids.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• does he think your doing something wrong?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• im on prozac :] i do want to change but i dont think im capable of changing the way he wants me to. you're right i can only do me
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• How much older than you is he?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2009