My daughter sleeps fine at night by herself but wont take a nap unless she is held. Any ideas?

She is 5 months and ive tried putting her down but she just wakes up and plays for little bit and then just gets so cranky

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's fine at night I'd try darkening the room. Music's fine if you really want but remember with things like that it can be a hard habit to break later if you need to. As it gets warmer you can try a fan (pointed away from her and on low) for white noise. Also, try to use the same routine as before bed. Not the nap part, obviously, but try to still give her some wind down time.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Try laying her on her side my daughter was like that so I tried laying her on her side and rubbing her back and she fell asleep
    carebear862005

Answer by carebear862005 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Mine has trouble doing that too. She always has. try making it dark and keeping classical music in the background I will lay mine on my bed because it smells like me. Good Luck
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 3:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009