I live in Los Angeles and am in great need of a midwife and doula who are experienced in VBAC. Does anyone have some great reccomendations

I have had two previous c-sections because my first doctor claimed he thought I had CPD simply because my son hadn't changed his station throught my 12 hour labor. I was induced and after 8 hours given an epidural to see if it would "help relax my body" and in turn help my son drop. I was only dialated to an 8 1/2 when he decided he would intervene and deliver by c-section. My second son also delivered be c-section. My doctor said he wouldn't perform a VBAC and that no hospitals in Orange county practiced VBAC. I listened foolishly. I guess thinking doctors know best. I want a vaginal birth. I am looking for a midwife and a doula in the Los Angeles area. I would like them to have much experience with VBAC's. I am hoping some of you have great stories to tell of VBAC's Maybe even a VBA2C. Any reccomendations

3boysnalady

Asked by 3boysnalady at 3:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope, I would never live in Los Angeles
    Anonymous

• This may not be the venue in which you will find your midwife, but if you are diligent you will find one:) I am having an hba2c this month, and I did not find a midwife until I was 36 weeks. (I ended up finding mine by emailing every midwife I could find in CO) I am not in CA so I can't be much help in that department, but I did want to offer up some encouragement...
    itisstarry

Answer by itisstarry at 9:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Did you ever find your Doula and midwife?
    doula1

Answer by doula1 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I did find a midwife. I had my son at home in December. He was my HBA2C baby. It was the most amazing experience of my life.
    3boysnalady

Comment by 3boysnalady (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2010