could I have hurt the baby...

Yesterday I was shutting my car door and misjudged my belly. (have you done anything like that?)
I am 27 weeks pregnant and hit the top of my stomach. It didn't make me cry or double over or anything but it hurt pretty badly.
Baby has still been kicking at regular intervals, but I still worry if I could have caused any damage or do you think my fat and amniotic fluid could have cushioned any possible harm to the baby. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg lol i did the same thing around that time too ..
    as long as you arent cramping or bleeding your fine. also as long as your baby is moving your fine . i freaked out too lol ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Your baby is fine I'm sure. There is so much protection around that baby... It probably didn't even feel a thing :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i used to hit my belly on everything! they are well protected in their lil sacks, and your baby is fine.
    Anonymous

• My doc told me that as long as it isn't a drastic impact they are well protected in there. As long as you feel movement you are ok.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OP here- no bleeding, stomach did feel...wierd... not really crampy, but maybe closer to gassy...
    and it made me lose bladder control a lil bit. fortunately I was headed straight home
    Anonymous