Can doctors give you something to calm you down during labor?

Everytime I even THINK about going into labor I feel like I'm going to hyperventilate! I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way... Can doctors give you something once you're in labor to help you relax?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• demeral (sp?) it puts you to sleep
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• besides pain killers probably not ... if you feel like your gonna hyperventilat then they give you an air mask other then that they dont want to knock you out.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yup just get the stuff they put in your IV lmao it's wonderful. It knocks you right out!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• everytime i think about going to maternity my labor stops and i stop having contractions lol..and im due in less than a week =P hows that sound? lol

pregnant foreverrrrrr
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Demoral!
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 4:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm going to assume this is your first baby! You'll be too caught up in all the "goings on" to hyperventilate! Besides, the epidural is the best thing ever "invented" ! Only with 1 of my 3 dtrs. (last one) was I given an epidural, and it was the BEST!
    Luvngma

Answer by Luvngma at 5:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009