is it ok to have a baby shower for second baby

A lot of people tell me you're not supposed to have more than 1. So what are the baby shower rules?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dotn see why it would be wrong i mean as long as it isnt back to back same sex babies...
    like 2 boys less thena year apart.
    i had 2 one for my first 5 years ago
    and then one a couple months ago fr this one
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would never ask for a shower or expect one, but if someone were to throw one I would be greatly appreciative.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think every baby should be celebrated.
    I had a shower when my first was born. Seven years later we had given away all of our stuff so my family threw us another shower. Then 18 months later when we had our third boy we didn't need anything, so my family threw us a food shower.
    They brought us frozen meals so that when the baby was born we had easy to make dinners. We had enough food that I didn't have to make dinner for almost six weeks...boy was that nice.
    Babies should be celebrated!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You sound like a bunch of three year olds who want a happy meal toy! You don't ask for a shower. You don't throw yourself a shower and a baby shower is not to celebrate the baby. It is for the first time mom. Yes now that babies are spaced further apart and you can know if you are having a boy or a girl in advance things have changed. The baby shower was invented for the first time mom to help her get a layette together for the first of her 14 children. If you want to celebrate the baby have a party after his/her arrival. Baptism/ Christening/birthday party/dedication.

If your family wants to throw you a shower, great!  But I would be very careful about not making it look like you are putting the squeeze on people for more gifts.  And if you want real etiquette advice google Miss Manners.  We deal with this one every few months, and each time somebody wants to celebrate the baby. 

Anonymous

• I agree with Nathskitten, every baby should be celebrated!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• family in the vanA shower is a party to celebrate a new baby: if you don't mind, do it! I have two boys less than two years apart and opted not to have a shower because we still had EVERYthing. But, we had a little "welcoming" celebration for my youngest. I did host two showers for my best friend because she had a boy first and then a little girl. Another friend had two showers because her eldest was 7 by the time #2 came along (and she'd given a lot of stuff to my boys! I hooked her up with the baby furniture, though!) And, I just attended a shower for a mother of twin girls (aged 5) whose now having twin boys! So, I don't know what "the rules" are, but plenty of people have more than one shower. Good Luck!

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 5:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If someone else is throwing it. We had a Brains and Butts party for a woman at work. Only books, diapers, wipes and butt creams allowed. It was great. Then the older kids got books to read too. Worked for everyone.
    poynorwife9819

Answer by poynorwife9819 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009