i cant stand my two year old.

my two year old is driving us nuts. he cries over everything you tell him to do something he wont do it. he has tantrums over small things. he does things that he shouldnt.
time out doesnt work.
talking dont work.
putting him in his room and letting cry it out doesnt work.
nothing freaking works i dont know what to do anymore!!
my mom offered to take him for a month at the end of the month for a whole month and its a long time but actually considering it..

i cant do this no more.. you tell him to sit down.. and he'll start crying like someone it crying...

i dont know what to do anymore...

he throws his food all over the place..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i dont know what to do anymore!! :(

help me moms.. i need to find a way to control my two yr old..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take a deep breath mama, he is two. At that age, he sounds pretty normal with the fits,crying, throwing food... Take some parenting classes, they may help you understand him more, remember he is not an adult so dont expect him to be. Pick your battles and try to enjoy him. Praise and redirection works pretty well for my kids. It has been a long time since I had a two year old so maybe some other moms with kids closer your childs age will ring in.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• you cant even talk to him he'll start crying or he'll hit..
    Anonymous

• have you tried ignoring the tantrums and bad behavior and rewarding the good behavior? If he's only getting attention for the good things he'll be more likely to do good things. Hope this helps Good Luck!!!
    nishchav

Answer by nishchav at 4:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• he's never good..
    like sh** aside
    this morning for example.. he woke up at 4 IN THE MORNING. and well i got up with him.. around 10 he went back to sleep he woke up around noon and got up brought me his cup and said i want cupNOW i said hold on.. mommies gotta go potty you wanna come? and he was like NO. i said fine. so then i came back down and i poured him his cupp and then i was like i need to change you.. so i took his shirt off then i was going to get his diaper and he started to cry and jump up and down yelling that he didnt wnt his diaper taken off.. and what not.. so then i did it anyways and he started kicking and screaming like someone was killing him.. i was like okk i've had it and i left the diaper off sat him in his corner and took away everything turned the tv off and what not.. so then he started crying even louder... and thats when i had it i put a diaper on him and sent him to his bed for him to destroy t
    Anonymous

• bedroom.. i am at my witts end.. i have no clue what else to do..
    Anonymous

• Try a sticker chart I know it sounds like a stupid and pointless suggestion but they can work. Make a chart with a list of 4 behaviors you would like to see ex.say please, say thank you, wait patiently, use inside voice. everytime he does one of these things he gets a sticker everytime he gets 5 stickers in a day he gets a small prize everytime he gets a prize every day of the week he gets a big prize once he sees that he gets things for being good he'll try harder. you can get a whole box full of small toys for $10 at the $1 store if you get the multi packs. Hope this helps!
    nishchav

Answer by nishchav at 4:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• we tried the stickers.. he stopped caring lol. we tried snacks.. we've tried it all
    Anonymous

• this may sound naive but i watch that super nanny show sometimes and they have this thing where they use a kitchen timer with the little kid so that the kid can kind of gauge the time out. and as far as fits go i know how you feel mama! it gets rough some times. but just remember this thought, a cryin baby is a breathin baby. and cryin never killed anyone. so if you are at your wits end just walk away from him and let him do his own thing for a minuit till you can regain your own composure. he will be able to read you if you're stressing out and he will then understand that his fit throwing is accomplishing something. hang in there! ive heard its only a phase lol. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I know it's controversial, but have you tried spanking him?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Girl, you need a break. =) Send him to your Momma's, Aunt's, somewhere for a while, just so you get a minute. It sounds like he probably needs some other kids around. Get out of the house.
    Spankings aren't bad. They are reality. You have to find what works with each child. They are all different. Some only respond to that. Others, it is something different.
    poynorwife9819

Answer by poynorwife9819 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009