What do you do when your baby is teething

What do you use to ease the pain on those poor little gums besides the teething gel (rather not use it heard some unsettling stories about it0 while they are teething with my daugher I used a pain reliver and pure vanalla which is what my mom used on us when we were little and my grandma used on her but it doesnt seem to be helping my 10 month old son his first tooth just pop in and the second one isnt too far behind and all he has done is cry

Haileysmommy107

Asked by Haileysmommy107 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• couple of things...

1. a frozen washcloth for him to chew on. it feels really good the gums.

2. frozen peas to chew on. my daughter lived on frozen peas while she was teething.

3. teething gel is perfectly safe used in moderation. they have swabs now with the right dosage already in them. call your pediatrician though if you're uncomfortable and talk to the nurse.
    sassbott_5000

Answer by sassbott_5000 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Try teething tablets. Those worked better for my DD than orajel. Also, she loves the frozen washcloths and she loves when I put frozen fruit in one of those mesh feeders. It helps her gums and she's getting some fruit!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I do not know cause my kids do not cry when they was teething. I always have to look in there mouth to see what is going on in there. But I would give them something for the pain and something cold. I do not know lol
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 4:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Hylands teething tablets-homeopathic
    there are other homepathic medicines too-cant think of teh other one we used.

cold teethers
    wash rag in the freezer
    carrott
    eat an apple
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• thank you he isn't crying anymore I normally give him a sugar free popsicle but I ran out I cant believe I forgot about the frozen wash cloth I guess after almost 3 hours of crying my mind just want in the right place

Haileysmommy107

Answer by Haileysmommy107 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• my DD hates the taste of orajel but does ok with the teething tablets. we are going thru this now. lots of cold rings and they have this thing at walmart it is for fruit you put fruit in it so they don't chock we put ice in it. SHE LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!! as soon as she sees it come out of the freezer she starts jumping around. we freeze her water in her own ice trays.
    mamanpnk

Answer by mamanpnk at 5:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• tyyyyylenooooolll! and cold washcloth with ice in it..
    Anonymous