I'M A HORRIBLE MOTHER!

ah! i'm horrible! nothing has gone right today! my baby has been kinda fussy, maybe because she's teething. i've tried cheering her up and everything. i told her to follow me so i could make her a snack. we were playing a chase game. (i was a little down today so i tried to lighten up a bit)well, she was chasing me,chasing me, then i turned around and jumped over her. like i have before! how hard could that be?! shes 10 months! idk if she stood up at the last second. but my knee hit her somewhere in her head or face! OMG! i instantly turned around only to see her fall back and slam her head onto the kitchen floor. OMGOMGOMG i'm so f'ng horrible! she started crying right away! i picked her up, hugged her, comforted her, gave her her fav. cold teether thing which ALWAYS comforts her.. then i gave her some food.. she's fine now.. but i feel so guilty!!! she's fallen a lot lately. but this time it was my fault...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It was an accident dont feel like a horrible mother. You do need to make sure she doesnt have a concussion. Watch how she is acting over the next 24 hours. If there is any change in her playtime or acting take her to the doctor. If she took to her teething toy and isnt crying much Im sure she is fine. You were doin what you thought was fun for her. Its ok. She is going to fall especially now that she is moving around more and gaining her strength. Just give her a big hug and kiss. :)
    JrsMa317

Answer by JrsMa317 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You are not a bad mother! Accidents happen sometimes when you are playing! Cheer up and tomorrow is another day!
    Anonymous

• Make sure she doesnt have a concuscion. If she doesnt, and nothing is broken, and she isnt screaming, and it was just an accident then YOU ARE A GOOD MOMMY! You were trying to cheer her up with is what a GOOD mommy does! She is going to fall so dont worry about it!
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 4:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Aw, poor mama. You're not horrible. It was an accident. I'm sure she's whacked you her share of times. She'll forgive you, I'm sure she's already forgotten... forgive yourself. Just put everything on your to-do list aside, make a cup of tea, give her her favorite snack and sit together and have some sweet cuddly time.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It was an accident. She is so little she won't even remember it.
    You are not a bad mother.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You're not a horrible mother! It was an accident. A horrible mother knees he child in the head on purpose and then doesn't care if they cry! LOL! You are a good mom that was playing with her baby. :0) Cheer up!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm sorry to say but this is probably only the first of many incidents to come. Accidents happen. One time, I was crawling around on the floor with my son. he was crawling back and forth under me and I was turning and trying to "capture" him. Well, I turned around and he must have moved at the same time and my knee came down and crushed his poor little hand. He was fine, but I felt so bad. I know how you feel. I'm sure she wont even remember this tomorrow.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• dont be so hard on yourself k!!!! I know it is hard not to be but try trust me everyone has days where they are clumsy, kids especialy!!!! It's not a big deal chances are she was better before you thought she was. try not to freak out so quickly because kids feed off your reaction. Alot of times things dont bother them as much as we assume it might. Dont disreguard her but pick her up put her on her feet rub gently where she hit and stay calm. and make sure she hears you say your sorry so she knows to do the same when she does something similar. easy way to stick i some mannner lessons too!!! overall no biggie she will more than likely be ok.
    shannonsmomm

Answer by shannonsmomm at 4:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• you aren't a horrible mommy you played a game and she got hurt accidently. it will happen again in the future. make sure she knows it was a mistake and your sorry and then give your self a break
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 4:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• ugh! thank you all so much! i felt like crying after i typed that out! usually when she falls on her own (she likes to climb and is learning to walk) i don't overreact as much as i have just done.

i guess i just freaked out. i felt like i just knocked out an infant *teeears*! omg who does that!?!

i definitely told her i was sorry and would make her feel better.. & i definitely kept an eye on her just to make sure nothing serious happened. oh! thank God i didn't give her a black eye with my bony knee..

as weird as it is.. it's comforting to hear how other moms have (accidentally) hit their kids somehow. LOL That's sounds terrible i know. but i mean.. to hear that it's happened before and everything came out OK.

-OP (relieved mom)
    Anonymous