ideas for finger foods for 7 months

I'm not big on pushing foods too early, and with my first daughter we didn't start doing much with finger foods until 8-9 months or so, but my second daughter thinks it's the best thing that's ever happened to her! At 7 months she's obsessed with finger food/table food. We're doing puffs, small bites of ripe pear and banana, teething biscuits, tofu. Any other ideas of soft foods safe for baby this young? Our pedi recommended things like frozen bagel but she was breaking off big bites... has anyone had experiences with anything like that that actually worked?

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 4:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get the book "Feed me, I'm Yours" it has great ideas for different foods. It is wonderful.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• blueberries
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I gave my daughter small bites of chicken nuggets that she didn't have to chew but can hold in her mouth and swallow without choking. also i gave her cheerios, multigrain cheerios, yogurt cheerios, any other kind of small bite cereal. also they make these mesh bags that you can put real pieces of fruit in and you close it up and the baby will chew on the mesh and get the natural juices of the fruit. you can mix the fruit together to make a blend. babies love it. and it feels good on their gums.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i gave mine slices of banana. crackers. gerber's biter bisquits. yogurt melts. slices of soft fruit.

my dad gave my dd a plum. she sucked on the fruit so hard she broke the skin.. when i took it from her it went from round and firm to looking like a popped balloon. XD haha.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 4:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• cook a sweet potato but not so much it is sooo mussy but a little firmness-do you know what I mean? Firm enought that you can cut into squares but soft enough that she can eat it.

avacoda is a great food too.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• anything I was eatting at that time
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 4:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My Momma was the queen of this with my boy. He still eats this stuff now. Baby corn, pickles and olives. (I took the skin off the pickles at first. My boy also ate a lot of tomatoes, but we had to cut him back because the acid would fire up his booty. Of course, some of this is for later.
    poynorwife9819

Answer by poynorwife9819 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2009