I am married and even though my husband does try I feel totally alone in my pregnancy when it comes to what Im going through, Is that normal?

IrishsTiff

Asked by IrishsTiff at 4:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you know what else too? the first trimester of both of my pregnancies i couldnt stand the sight of my husband. and now that thats over (it passes) i agree i feel like my husband has no idea what im going through but i mean, he cant really, and then hes always doing that whole 'well my back hurts because ive been welding all day!' and im like ok well im growing a human being! and he still doesnt get it. lol meh
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• yup very normal....
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my daughter, my husband was very happy, but shortly after that, he couldn't relate at all to what I was going through. So, he started to pull away quite a bit. Once I was about 6 months along and the baby was moving like crazy, he was able to get more involved, because he could feel the baby and understand things a bit more. Just be patient and he'll come around. Keep including him.
    Anonymous

• it is normal because he dosen't understtand he can't it isn't happening to him just talk to your girl friends
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 4:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Babies become real to men when they can see, touch and hold them. Even when they are a few months old, they are a little hard to bond with for a guy. When you are pregnant nothing changes in their lives except that they have the concerns for providing for the family and concerns over the health of you and the baby and how this will impact the closeness that was just shared between the two of you before. Include him in everything, don't pull away and don't expect that he will be enthusiastic over the baby at this time. It's intangible to him at this time.
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 4:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yeah I feel that way too. My husband is SO good to me but I still find myself getting annoyed with him. Honestly I am pretty sure no matter WHAT he does wouldn't be good enough or the right thing...I know my girlfriends felt this way too.... The only advice I can think to give is to try to explain how you feel to your husband and maybe even apologize ahead of time for the overreactions and sensitivity that is ahead! Most of the time I feel fine toward my husband, but when I get annoyed I can be impossible so I've tried to kind of warn my husband not to take these times personally, but to expect them! One of my friends had a baby a couple of weeks ago and she said about a week after he was born her husband said "Wow, you're back" and she didn't know what he meant and he told her the the last month of her pregnancy she seemed like a different person and he was glad to have her back :) it's normal!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• This is totally normal. They DONT really understand what you are going through, but it is still just as much important and scary to them. They mainly get scared or worried for you because they really dont know what its like to be pregnant and go through labor. Some guys show more than others, but men are men
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 5:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009