Has anyone had a boy when their sonogram said girl? Or vice versa?

onebabygirl

Asked by onebabygirl at 3:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My hubby's friend's mom said that her youngest boy was told by the doc that it was a girl. lol. oops! My girl, we were told could of been either at our 16 week u/s. ? She was clearly a girl though, we found out for sure at 37 w 4 d. I would say that if an u/s shows a peep and it is very clear it is a peep..then you're okay. I would be weary with the girls unless it is a super clear lil hamburger.. :D
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 4:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• For some reason, no one(friends and family) remembers this except my husband and I, but the doctor in his hometown actually told us our second was a boy. I had bought some stuff and thought I was going to have two boys. After we moved to where I live now, the doctor said we were having a girl. True as those words, we did have a girl! With my third, I looked up and went "oh it's a boy!" and she went "nope, that's a girl" so the parts can look similar to me( cause biologically they are the same). Anywho, it could be a fun surprise!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 5:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• omg yes my sister in law just went through that with her last baby. she has a boy that is 6 now and her 1 year old they said was a girl and what a surprise it wasnt. she is pregnant again and is nervous about finding out the sex of this one b/c of the mix up last time. We were all expecting a girl and out came this little boy. we all love him to death but we all kind of mourned the little girl she was "supposed" to have.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• yeah and we didn't find out he was a boy until my last sono at 37weeks...needless to say we had a lot of redecorating to do...
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 1:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes. I had 4 ultrasounds with my youngest and I was told HE was a girl. Obviously they were wrong, lol.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• lol my sister went home in an airplane outfit. All the way up to labor they told my mom she was a boy.
    SuperSavy

Answer by SuperSavy at 4:37 AM on Feb. 14, 2010