do prenatal vitamins help if you are having a hard time conceiving ? Do they help your fertility?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sure they help by giving you vitamins for your body to work better, but they dont' increase your fertility at all.. Just help your body work to the best of it's ability.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Any woman trying to concieve or of childbearing age should take pre-natal vitamins. I can't say that they would directly assist in conception, however, they could contribute to a healthier body and foundation for a growing fetus. Improving your health and diet will most indefinitely help with conception.

I'd see your doctor to find out what you may need to improve your health as well as what may be holding you back from concieving. Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would say that taking a pre-natal vitamin is good before your trying to conceive. I don't know if they helped me get pregnant. But, Since I've been taking it, I know for sure I'm getting enough vitamins. And since I'm pregnant, I was rest assured that even though I didn't know I was pregnant my baby was getting all the vitamins it needed. Even getting use to taking Folic acid is a good idea to before you get pregnant!
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Not sure, but the extra folic acid will be good for baby. I read about some herbal supplements that are supposed to help I think it was vitex , red clover, and dong quai. Not sure but you can google it. I never tried them so can't say if they work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2009