Anyone find this a symbol of arrogance? humorous? ---ABC: Obama 'Unaware of Tea Parties'

White House out of touch with 'cultural phenomenon' of tax day protests.
“The White House says the president is unaware of the tea parties and will hold his own event today,” ABC’s Dan Harris said on “Good Morning America” on April 15.
Harris’s story was the first ABC News report specifically about the tea parties since Rick Santelli’s of CNBC’s famous rant calling for a Chicago Tea Party back in February. CNBC’s Joe Kernen referred to Santelli’s impact on spurring the tea parties as a “cultural phenomenon.”
Santelli reacted on April 15 to the hundreds of protests scheduled for tax day around the country saying “I’m pretty proud of this.”
NBC also addressed the tea parties in passing on April 15 “Today.” Chuck Todd dismissed the protests as “so-called” tea parties and said “the idea hasn’t really caught on.”
http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20090415103312.aspx

myame

Asked by myame at 4:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I say, go ahead and ignore it President Teleprompter. Your life will change dramatically in 2010.…

Just got word that there are already 2500 at my local tea party and it doesn't start for another hour. WHOOP WHOOP!!
    myame

Answer by myame at 4:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• he's aware of it, that's why he spent the last two days telling us why we need his spending. they're all dumba--es.
    Anonymous

• SO arrogant. The crowds have been really big and bi partisan. If you actually watch Niel Couvuto and Glenn Beck you would hear them say that this isn't about party, it's about spending. Spending and taxing that started before Obama but that needs to STOP!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OMG! How in the world could Oblunder not have known about the tea parties? He has been being sent letters and its been all over the Internet and the news for a while now. If he was so unaware, that shows you how out of touch he is. I find it funny that he was planning one of his own? The protestee is having a party to support the protesters?

There were over 10,000 people at our Tea Party today in Toledo, Ohio.
    Msaural

Answer by Msaural at 4:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree with you momof030404. I just hate the fact that the news is making this out to be about April 15th and filing taxes, when its not just about taxes. The people interviewed at our local Tea Party on the news were making it very clear that this isn't just about taxes, its about Government out of control and the bail-outs and constitutional rights. But the local news keeps referring to the protest as "anti-tax Tea Parties".
    Msaural

Answer by Msaural at 4:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There were over 10,000 people at our Tea Party today in Toledo, Ohio.

That really grew from noon time. The local news was saying around 500 at it.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 4:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Hahah this cant be serious. Wow if hes not listening to hundreds of thousands of people protesting in over 300 cities, then who will he listen to?
    Anonymous

• Crowds of up to 10,000 -- many of whom are believed to be participating in political protest for the first time. (heard this on Fox News Toledo)... I think it depends on the news station. The liberal stateions are downplaying the event. Much like Obama and the liberals on this site.
    Anonymous

• Well, as he has not raised taxes... this protest is more of a protest of the existing tax policy, i.e., Bush's tax plan. I'm not all that impressed with the tea day parties either. I am getting more back on my paychecks, I have nothing to protest. Only good stuff for my little family.
    Anonymous

• Well, as he has not raised taxes

Check your utility bill around December/Januaryish
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009