how can i encorouge my friends son to talk about his ill mum?

Hi my best friend has been told that she has cancer. She has two kids and one of them is around the same age as my daughter. The thing is that he keeps everything bottled up inside him so he doesnt really say anything to me about his mum. And he probably wouldnt tell me anyway but i think that it would be good for him that he knows that he can talk to someone about it and he's got someones shoulder to cry on... So my daughter is going to tell him that if he ever needs anyone to talk about his mum then he can always talk to her. But she doesnt really know how to tell him and neither do i really. So i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on asking him. He is a teenager, and surely it isnt good for him to keep it all bottled up. so please if you have any answers then leave them here...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I have been healed of cancer, almost 7 years free and clear. Men generally don't share their feelings, some do. Maybe he will confide in your daughter, maybe not, is there another male that he can possibly talk to?
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would be hugging the poor boy and telling him I am there for him

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie. Just give him a good hug and tell him if he ever needs to talk you are there. He is still a teenager and probably needs someone to lean on.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009