how do I get my 8 year old daughter to listen to me?

She ignores me if she dosen't want my guidance.Or if she just dosen't want to hear what I have to say.She was honest enough to tell me that.

nuxalkstrong

Asked by nuxalkstrong at 5:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have noticed at the age of 8 they totally get their own ways of thinking. I have realized that you have to open up a little more by bribing sometimes and sometimes by punishment, meaning no games or having anyone sleep over, or even participating in any fun activities at home or school. After they realize you mean business you will see a big change. Just dont back down and count to ten alot !!!!! LOL
    meka6094

Answer by meka6094 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• did you want your mothers guidance when you were that age??> go back and try to remember we all go through the same thing!
    Anonymous

• If you don't make her listen now, she will give you even harder time as she gets older. It will only get harder. Discipline her and be consistent about it. I find that if I am not consistent in disciplining my children they are willing to take the chance that I won't react "this time". Good luck
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 7:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009