If you are a Christian, do you have friends who are not? Do you try to convert them?

Christianity, friendships, converting

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 5:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• People need to remember that God and His love are the focus - that is what the whole point is about - and to get so caught up in other things (literal Biblical interpretation, the church itself, doctrine/dogma, etc) is like caring more about the tools than the treasure. These things are supposed to aid us on our way, not to be the whole focus and feature of the faith!

There are many kinds of Christian, and no kind is any more "right" or valid than another.

Trying too root someone out as not a "True Christian", IMO is quite unChristianlike anyway. And if we were to be judged by our behaviour as opposed to our beliefs on trivial matters of specific interpretations/etc, there would be many people disappointed to find that they, themselves, might not be "true Christians"...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes I am Christian I have many friends who are not, no I do not try to convert them. What they believe is what they feel
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have lots of friends who aren't Christians...or if they are they aren't living a very Christian lifestyle. I don't try to convert anyone. I will talk about my own personal experiences if the topic comes up but I never try to push people into believing the same as I do. I believe that actually SHOWING people what a real Christian is means more than trying to convert them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yes, I have some that are not, No I don't try and convert them, I do try to be the best example I can be though.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm a Christian, and I don't believe that Christianity is the only way. I believe all paths lead to God, and therefore respect peoples' choices in the paths that work best for them.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• YEs i have friends and I talk to them about the Lord yes but its up to them to believe it or not... Free will... Thats what I think :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• bandgeek521, If one is a Christian, one believes in Christ, one believes what Christ says. Christ says the only way to The Father is Through HIM. Otherwise why be a follower of Christ if its to your convenience? You either believe in Him completely , or you don't.

I have friends, even family that aren't Christians, and i don't try to convert them. God wants us to love Him willingly, not at all forced or convinced .. but freely and completely willing.
    All i can do is represent Jesus to them. You cant make someone listen. They have to choose to want to hear it. Ya know?

aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• We aren't Chrisitan and we live in a highly fundamentalist Christian area. People are constantly trying to convert us and they get mad when we walk away.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yes and Yes
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have many non Christian friends. The only ones I have tried to "convert" were ones that asked specific questions about my relationship with Christ - and that I knew wanted to know Christ. If they are a completely different religion, and really have no interest in Christianity, then no, I don't try to convert them. I am also a believer in "different paths" and I know my path isn't everyone else's.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009