Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Social securtiy stimulas check

My little brother gets social security for being disabled..

Will he get this check.. hes 13.


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (3)
  • no

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • Update: Are children eligible for $250 payments? I thought that I had already made this clear, but I keep getting questions about it, so let me be very specific. Children only qualify if they are on SSI or if they are receiving disabled adult child benefits. Only children who are receiving benefits because they are disabled are eligible for the $250 payments. Generally, children do not qualify for the $250 payments.

    what is that then?

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • Because they do not file their OWN taxes? There parents can claim them as dependents, so if anyone is going to get a check or tax credit it is the parents of minor children on SSI.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 6:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.