Can overworking your body induce labor?

I have been having the "nesting" instinct and am worried that I might be doing too much. I moved around alot of heavy furniture (with breaks of course), that I normally let my husband do. I am 35 weeks pregnant. Can you go into labor from moving furniture?

shellrequen

Asked by shellrequen at 5:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Stress and activity can trigger labor. Slow down mama
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I've read that doing any heavy lifting is also especially dangerous because all your joints have softened up to prepare for labor so you can really hurt yourself a lot easier than normal - the last thing you want is a pulled muscle in your back when you have a baby to care for! Take it easy! I feel the need to do things like that sometimes but I just make a list and when my husband gets home I make him do it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am 39 weeks and I do alot also. I am completely in the nesting period and everything has to be CLEAN! Sometimes I feel like a freak cause I'm doing so much but I feel great otherwise and I havent gone into labor early. I have moved around a TON of stuff also but so far so good!
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• With my first I went to my dr appt, came home and scrubbed the floors and moved anything heavy that I could lift b/c I'd heard heavy lifting could cause you to go into labor. Then I tried to go to bed and the contractions started 5min apart. I was 4 days over due and had my baby the next evening. So I think if you are about ready to go into labor it can help you.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would just relax momma!! I know how you feel just wanting to get everything in order, and perfect, but when your baby comes you going to have barly anytime to yourself. So do a little everyday, and relax the rest. Just take it easy!! Good luck!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009