What exactly is "being offended" to you?

I read so many post that ask "does this offend you?" and so many replies say something to the effect of, "I’m not offended but I think it is ridiculous/rude/inappropriate etc..." or " I would not be offended but I wouldn’t want that person around my family"

So... if that isn’t taking offense, what is? For me, personally, if I make a negative judgment about a person based on something they said or did-- then I found it offensive. That isn’t to say that everything someone does that I don’t agree with offends me...but if it changes my entire perception of them it was more than just a difference of opinions.

Don't you think?

AMsMommy212

Asked by AMsMommy212 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• To me, being offended means that the person was being rude. Disrepectful. If they are doing something that offends me, that is tougher. I guess that it offends me because it goes against my values. Say someone kicks a puppy, I would be offended, because I don't believe that people should kick a puppy.

Answer by Bmat at 5:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009