Cards

I was wondering what everyone does with all the card they get and there children get. My daughter gets so many cards for every holiday, and I do too. I usually put them in a shoe box because I feel bad to throw them away, but yet I never look at them again... what do you guys do with all of these cards?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I place them all in a large manilla envelope marked for the year and save them. For each of my children, I like to write in the card the reason why they received the card and how the sender(s) are a part of their lives.
    See, after my mom died when I was 11 and I was taken away from my home, I have not one single item to remember her by. I guess by saving things throughout the years is my way of making sure that my children have memories to look back on "just in case" something happens to me or my husband.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I throw tham away. If it is a christmas photo card that I want to keep I may put it in the photo box. i am guilty of saving the ones from her birth/shower. All other Birthday and Christmas cards are thrown away. I have kep a few of mine when someone wrote alot in them...but very few.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Throw them away, except for my graduation and our wedding cards.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I throw them away, and honestly I don't buy cards anymore. For one thing, if we are supposively "going green" to save the trees and all that I think cutting back on cards would be the best bet. Most of the time they get thrown out anyway
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 7:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009