why do i always have to be the b*** for saying no?

my ex bf who now is my hubby's friend keeps asking us for money cigarettes gas ect.. he already owes us close to $100, so last time he asked for cigs i said hell no and told my husband that he had to stop helping this guy out. its not our problem that he has to pay child support on 4 kids by 2 ex wives and he has 3 with his current wife, and he cant keep a job for more than 2 months. i got 300 from and old job from 8 years ago where i didnt pick up my last check. well my hubby slipped up and told the friend about this and now the friend is calling me a cold hearted bi**h cause i wont help them out and his wife said that i need help cause i spent 25 of that on my 18month old daughter on bath set, with the sented wash lotions body butter body spray ect, plus got her own shampoo and conditoner. they act like we owe them something when its us always helpin them out, they never once helped us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• errrrrrrrrrt!... those were the brakes, I ended up wishing i would have said NO, My husband and i helped my ex and his wife and believe me its a pretty close situation, trust me you'll thank yourself for putting a stop to it, before you get nothing on a $3000.00 owed amount, LIKE US in the end they even stole clothes from us and a number of other things occured I had a hard time saying no and not helping people because i didnt have much when i was young, but the ex and his wife drove me practically insane stressing over it, no really stop before it gets worse than it is......... so what if they think ur a b-word, i WOULD MUCH RATHER PERFER BEING CALLED THAT THAN GOING THROUGH THAT BS AGAIN........they arent helping themselves HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES
    cashena

Answer by cashena at 5:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• With friends like that you sure don't need enemies!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• they'll have to get over it. it is your earned money and you arent their responsibilty. I'd stop being friends with them. what did your hubby say about the name calling? if a friend of mine reacted immaturely like that and called my SO a name I'd drop my friendship
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009