So I'm almost 7 months pregnant and I've out grown 3 bra sizes. When do you start buying nursing bras vs. regular bras with the ever growing breasts and still 3 months to go?? I know they will get bigger when my milk comes in too!

Nursing bras vs. regular bras

MamaAmber09

Asked by MamaAmber09 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got a nursing bra when I went into a D cup b/c they really don't make cute bras in D cups. They are also a lot more comfortable. The only bad things about nursing bra is that they don't have much padding so be careful with thinner shirts b/c you will be able to see a lot more. So I would at least try some on to see if they are more comfee then the regulars.... o ps make sure you wear your nursing bra when you go to the hospital to give birth.... I almost forgot myself. Good luck!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• you could try a sports bra thats what i did because mine grow so big and fast but by the time i was nine months i started buying nursing bras
    schenelle3

Answer by schenelle3 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Nursing bras as so thin. So if you want the extra coverage and concealment, especially of the nipples, then I would buy a regular bra. Don't forget to use Vitamin E oil on your skin for the stretching. It promotes the elasticity in your skin and helps when your boobs begin to go back down in size after nursing.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I started at 4 months because I already went up 2 sizes, now being a 37E, I was told I will prob be a F. You should have an assortment of bras. A night time bra, a sports bra and a nursing bra. Either way you may go up further and back down some depending on whether or not you breast feed. You may be able to use some of your other sized bras later. At your point I would have a couple nursing bras for comfort and leaking. Just don't buy a bunch at once, one or two as you go. Two so that you can alternate bras.
    TheRaenonu

Answer by TheRaenonu at 5:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't try a sports bra because they can get very restricting and super tight. When BFing that can cause plugged ducts and those are super painful.

I woudl suggest you go to some place like Walmart and buy these back pieces (sorry I don;t know hwta they are called) they are like the part of your bra that clips them the bra closed. You can sew that into your bra as an extension and maybe that will help those are like $2 with taxes.

As far as when to buy nursing bras. I bought them as soon as I owuld grow out of my reg bra. Instead of buying new bras I would just buy new (but ) nursing bras. I made it part of my matrnity wardrobe.

Good luck.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 5:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i work at motherhood maternity, and we have a couple of cute bras. also, we have some that aren't padded, but most are padded. they are very comfortable. they also have the extenders there for the bras that add up to 4 extra inches around. if you plan on nursing, then right before you have the baby get fitted for bra. when your milk comes in, it will add an extra cup size, maybe even 2. when nursing, you should at least have 2 bras, that way when one is in the wash, then you have another to use. from my experience, nursing bras are much easier than regular bras.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i got nursing bras around 12 weeks bc i went from a b to a d by then. i got them at motherhood maternity and i have no idea what those other girls mean by thin.. ? mine are completely fine. i have a white one and i can wear it with white shirts no problem and the support is just fine.. so maybe its just motherhood maternity's bras.. shop there. regular bras the underwire really digs into my belly (yes it sits that freakin high lol) so i like the nursing bras..
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 12:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2009