Just finished potty training...

My 5 year old JUST finished potty training (uh.. i know) He's still in pull-ups at night but should i start him in briefs or boxers for the day?
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• don't feel bad, my son is still working at it, and been trying for almost 2 years, he is just over 4.
    Anonymous

• LET HIM PICK OUT WHAT UNDERWEAR HE LIKES!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My son was almost 5 when he got done, so don't feel bad. I do think you should let him pick what he wants to wear. That makes them more excited about it, and less likely to go in their undies. He might still have accidents, but he'll be less likely to get involved with playing and decide to just go in his undies b/c he doesn't want to stop. If it helps any, though, my boys both started out in briefs, then moved on to boxer briefs and now they wear both boxer briefs and boxers. I didn't want them to wear boxers, I just don't like them on men, but on little boys they are really cute! lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009