Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any advice is much needed good or bad please and thankyou

me and my bf been together for almost 4yrs come september and we share a child who will be 3 in august. and lately we been having trouble and arguing alot and we arent married yet every argument we have he threatens to take me to court and sue me for full custody if i leave him. and when i asked why am i here then because i dont want to do this anymore (meaning the relationship) because it's not doing anything but hurting me and bringing me down. and he says because he cant pay the bills by himself. i have to admit that i dont have a job but its like everytime i get the oppurtunity he dont want to help meand to make matters worse i dont have a dl. i feel like he is holding me down to where i cant leave him which is why he keeps threating to fight for full custody. i know i can do better for me and my son i just dont know where to start or how to go about it

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • id tell him to grow up. he needs to realize that hes a dad. he probly couldnt handle the kid by himself ne how. but he needs to think about how his actions effect ur baby. but it sounds lik ur in an emotionally abusive relationship. if u wanna leave talk to a lawer, tell him/her about how ur bf acts and wut he has said. then u will probly hav a better idea of wut ur in for. its very rare that they award custody of the child to the father unless the mother is proven to b bad mom. u dont abuse ur kid, u take care of him and u do try. talk to a lawer and then id say leave him. live with ur parents for awhile and leave him to do some growing up. u dont need that bull shyt and neither does ur son. u need to think abotu wuts best for ur son. and hes not it. he may push for custody and shyt but ur the one that takes care of ur child and hes emotionally abusive. they will most likly rule in ur favor.

    Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • if u dont wanna go that durstic. then sit him down and talk to him. ask him if he still loves u, ask him wuts botherin himand hav a serious heart to heart. tell him no name callin no yellin no threats, just an adult convo where u can figure out whether u wanna b together ne more or not.

    Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • Well, first I would get my license. You can get a permit by taking a written test. Then you can practice driving before taking the actual test. You can get the DMV book from the DMV that tells you the rules of the road. I think the DMV book has some sample questions too. Then, I would work on getting my education. You can do this while SAH with my kid. Do you have your HS diploma or GED?

    Answer by cdgoldilocks at 5:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • Go to a womens' shelter and they will help you with all of this. You need to take the kid with you and file for custody the day you leave.

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • i agree with all these guys because there is always a way you just have toi find it and fight for it good luck

    Answer by 4grlshelp at 6:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • You picked a loser. So sorry. Go to a womens shelter and be strong... your son needs at least one good parent.

    Answer by squish at 6:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships