ummm is it normal

ok so I am a little over 12 weeks preggo and hubby & I have not beeen having sex since we found out I was preggo. Which was at around 6 weeks. I have been so worried about hurting the baby. Well today I gave in and we had sex like a 30 mins ago. Now my stomach is hurting. It is cramping like period cramps not really bad, but it does hurt. Is this normal to feel after sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes sex and semen trigger braxton hicks contractions thats why they say to have alot of sex to get the labor process going later on in the pregnancy. But sex is actually good for you
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would check with you doc asap. When I was pregant I was always worried about that, but my doc told me that there is no way that he can "poke" the baby, or we couldn't harm her. So I don't think it's normal, but it might be. I would just call your doctor.... better safe than sorry. Your not that far along, and after your baby is born your probaly not going to be able to have a lot of time for sex so I would try to do it when you can!! Good luck!!!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yes it is very normal.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Do you normally have any discomfort after having sex with you hubby? Remember you are more sensative because of uterus stretching and baby growing, plus hormones. Light cramping feeling is normal at 12 weeks even without sex. Severe and consistant cramping would raise concern and you should definatly go to doc if you are bleeding.
    TheRaenonu

Answer by TheRaenonu at 6:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am always crampy/uncomfortable after sex, hence why we rarely have it... poor guy lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009