Does anyone else have OCD?

I Have OCD, I think! Such as, When I run out of something at the house, unless it's something important like toilet paper, I won't go get it. Because I hate to go for just one thing.. If I'm writing a note or something and using a pen, and the pen runs out of ink, and I can't find one thats the same kind of pen.. I'll throw whatever I'm doing away and get another pen, because I don't want two different colors on it! And when I go clothes shopping or looking.. I can't ever just get one shirt, or one skirt.. I have to get outfits complete with bras panties and shoes! and we're buying a new house.. And I wanted to get some new things.. but NOW I have to have everything new, or it just won't "feel" right?! Is anyone else like this, or am I CRAZY?!

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um not sure that its OCD but its dumb. If your buying a house save your money to put towards your mortgate.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have OCD but with even things. Example:: if I'm walking I count my steps. if there are those really annoying 'pattern' floors with different colors I have to step on colors evenly with both my feet. I eat even numbers of things (16 bites 8 on my left side & 8 on the right side of my mouth) etc etc. I used to be really bad & when I'm stressed or anxious it gets bad again but I've managed to control it to things that no one will notice. DH, close friends, & family still see it but only bc they know about the problem & remind me to stop. I don't want my son picking this up from me so I informed them to remind me whenever they notice things.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 5:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't think you have OCD. I think you have specific quirks, but everyone has some.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 5:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i was diagnosed years ago with "trichotillomania". it's an ocd, a hair pulling disorder. it's an anxiety thing. I started doing it when my parents were going through a nasty divorce when I was 9. I'd pull at my eye lashes and leg hair. a therapist in college told me it is like an emotional mask. if something makes me anxious I start pulling at my hair as a way to repress/supress whats bothering me. I still do it, mostly when i'm bored, but just finding out about the disease has helped me cope with it andI have learned to stop and catch myself before starting!
    Anonymous

• im ocd and i also have a thing with even numbers, odd numbers drive me nuts lol. and cleaning, yeah thats where im really bad, i cant sleep knowing that there are dishes in the sink or floor needs vac, ect i know when one of my knick knacks are moved even if its a few cm and have to move it back and locks i check the locks 6 to 8 times a night. i think im a little paranoid also
    Anonymous

• Yes, with certain things.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009