I don't think it is a flea bite.

I have had flea bites before, but never like this one. I have a spot on my leg that looks like something bit me. I would normally say a flea because i have an inside dog and hubby has outside dogs. Never had a flea problem but see one everynow and then. Anyways, this spot on my leg is sort of big and hurts . When i stand and put pressure on that leg it hurts the spot. When i barley touch the spot it hurts. It covers a pretty big area, and feels kind of like it is full of something. Like i need to pop it and releas pressure and it would feel better. But i am not for sure. I know fleas can bite a lot of times in a row, so maybe he bit in that area a few times but i just don't know. it doesn't really look like a spider either. IDK should i try to poke it with a needle and see if anything happens. It has been like this for about 2 days. It is just wierd.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pets

• Sounds like a spider bite to me. Try some Benadryl cream. If it continues to get worse go to the doc and make sur eyou weren't bit by something poisonous.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• MY DAUGHTER HAD A BITE CLOSE TO YOUR DESCRIPTION OF YOURS, WE THOUGHT IT WAS A FLEA BITE TURNED OUT TO BE STAPH, IF PRESSURE HURTS I'M THINKING ITS MORE THAN A FLEA BITE BUT I'M NO DOC EITHER
    cashena

Answer by cashena at 5:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Cashena, was it red? Mine is red. It reminds me of a big round whelp. That is the only way i can think to describel it right now. I've never had staph and am not real familiar with it. Does it have any other symptoms? Like did she get sick? I am going to go ggogle it and see if i can see some pics. Thanks a bunch. Oh, by the way how do you get it? I havn't really been anywhere that i would think i could get it?
    Anonymous

• Definitely not a flea bite. You should have it looked at asap if it does not improve within 24 hours. Don't wait until it's too late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2009