What do you get someone for a gift.

My problem is my youngest sister is graduating next month with her masters in Pysch. I have never been able to get her a good gift. For high school, bachlors etc. I want to get her something very nice on a budget. I just don't know what to get her. I also have to get her something nice next year for her wedding. Do I get her a wedding gift and a shower gift. How does that work?

honeyhanvey

Asked by honeyhanvey at 5:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• kemclaughlin is correct about the shower and wedding gifts.

For a graduate gift, especially for a professional who may open her own, or work for another, practice - a personalized desk set, personalized paper weight, or some sort of personalized office or professional item is always nice. If she has mentioned any particular book pertaining to psychology or anything then perhaps you can purchase it for her. Better yet, purchase a gift card to a bookstore that sells professional books that she would appreciate and can add to her collection.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Shower gifts are something personal like lingerie. Wedding gifts are something for the home for the couple. I am not sure what to suggest for the graduation though.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• How about a rubber room.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009