does anyone have an infant or toddler with reflux disease?

I want to find out if their symptoms are similiar to my daughters..

tazcentral

Asked by tazcentral at 5:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son has had it for about a month n half now, he loves to EAT all the time...of course we don't let him, but the pedi has him on small dose of zantac & i give him cereal (in his bottle) (bash if you please) but he's much better! he used to do a thrushing back in forth thing with his tongue thats how the doctor noticed it! and he used to spit up alot too. Hope that helps GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My sisters baby has it and she was MISSERABLE for the first 6 months of her life, until they discovered it.
    She ate all the time, cried if she wasn't eating, and would only sleep upright in her car seat.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My sons would cry everytime they would eat. They would spit up after every meal. They would just scream or at least it would seem that way if I wasn't right next to them to hear them swallow the vomit back down. The pedi refused to give my oldest meds so I self medicated him with baby cereal but my youngest is on meds and they work wonders.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My daughter arches her back and neck sometimes, almost uncontrolabley, she is on Zantac and prevacid. I took her to the docs when she was only a month and half because she was choking and gagging at night. He told me to put rice cereal in her milk and to let her sleep in an elevated position. the spitting up and choking stopped. she is now almost nine month old but has the arching problem. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I posted the original question so I thought i would give more detail... thank you for your responses
    tazcentral

Answer by tazcentral at 6:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009