Who is your Auto Insurance with?

I am looking for a new auto insurance company........who do you have and do you like them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Kemper, and just had them a few months so havn't had to use them. But they beat the rate of our other company by a few dollars, so we switched. Before that we had farm bureau and they were real good, but they had a rate increase so we decided to shop around. And my husbands, brothers wife sales insurance, so she got us some quotes and we picked that one.
    Anonymous

• For now, State Farm. Overall, I'm a little dissatisfied. I recieved a quote for 204, put down my deposit and the next week got a call that my monthly payment would actually be 275 because my husband had two tickets (our previous insurance provider only had one ticket, he only remembers getting one, and he even had a buddy of his look up his driving record and it only showed one ticket). I recently went in and spoke with them again and they showed that he only had the one speeding ticket we knew about. When my renewal comes up, if I'm not paying at least 100 less, then I'm finding new insurance. My parents have had State Farm for as long as I can remember and never had any problems.

Before that we had Unitrin Direct. It was the cheapest price we could find at the time. Customer service was always very helpful. The only reason we left was because we got the quote for 204 from State Farm.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Before that, we had USAA and it was horrible. They cancelled our insurance for nonpayment... BUT that payment went to my husband's credit card. They offered to restart the policy without deposits but it took almost a month to figure out why my insurance was cancelled if my check was cashed the week before the payment was due. I will never again do business with USAA, although I've heard others have had great experiences with them.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• State Farm. We've had the same policy for over 18 yrs. When my husband and I married, I just added my vehicles to his policy that he had since he started driving at 16. We couldnt do anything cheaper because we are both accident free for the last 10 yrs and ticket free. It pays to be with someone for a long long time.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Safeco
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• USAA (military families)
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Local company...ALFA...Alabama Farmer's Association. They are reasonable and their offices are based here and I can call my agent direct. He lives here in town so if something bad happens, he knows about it. We recently had some really nasty weather with some really high winds. HE called ME the next day to make sure everything was ok...we have our 2 cars and our house with them. Also, one of his other customers rear-ended my husband in my new car a couple years ago and they treated us well even though we were the injured party. I won't leave them for any talking animal or pink-haired cartoon chick on tv! LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• USAA, if you can get on with them I would highly recommend them...If you are related to someone in the military you might be able to get on - I used my father (who passed away 20 years ago) and I was able to get on with USAA, my daughter also has USAA based on being my daughter and I am a member, even though I am not nor ever have been military.

They are consistently rated as one of the best in the country (AAA rating with Standard and Poors) They have a VERY good reputation in the insurance industry. I have both my home and cars insured with them and couldnt be happier. Even going through the trials and tribulations of a new teenage driver (who incidentally was in 3 - yes folks count 'em THREE accidents the first year she had her license and not one premium increase for her)

Good luck with your search.

wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 1:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009