• In the Spotlight:

child support and private school??

For a various number of reasons I moved my son to private school. (and no I didnt wake up one day and decide I need another bill I cant afford) lol
Is my son's father responsible for helping me pay for it?
My gut feeling is no. But that sucks.
I did try public school, it wasnt working for him.
Anyone know??
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• when i went thru court for child support, the judge told me that if i ever planned on putting my daughter in a private school that her father would have no responsibility in having to pay half. now i personally wouldnt do that anyways, but..however when i put my daughter in preshool he did offer to pay half..if you cant afford private schooling.what about a "choice" school, or "traditional" schools..i dont think they cost anything, or if they do its definetly not AS much..the schools are just smaller, so they get more one on one..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• options here are private or public
    the school is offereing me a huge discount based on my fianances, but it is still tough.......
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It depends on what is written in custody and child support papers. Reread yours and find out. I know some fathers that have to pay for half of private school tuition and some don't, it all depends on how the papers are written.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Not really, however in a percect world his father would be as concerned as you are about his education and would co-operate.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2009