Dry Skin While Pregnant!!! HELP!

im 13 wks pregnant with my second child and my skin is sooo horribly dry and it itches soo bad after i shower and through out the day. I told my doctor and he just told me to get some Kericare lotion. Instead i got Eucerin which is not seeming to work at all...Every day i notice a new patch of dry skin on my body. My back is the worse so far. And today i noticed it on my arms. I just afraid its gonna cover my whole body. My skin has never ever been this dry and itchy. Anyone have any suggestions Please Help!

briasmommie

Asked by briasmommie at 5:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would get the Eucerin cream that comes in the little white pot. It works very well. You can also try cornhuskers lotion. (at least I think that's what it's called)
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am right there with ya! I bought baby lotion with shea and coacoa most recently as well as a combination of oils at a market called marlenes. It's a naturalpathic sort of store with organics and all naturals. If you have a store similar near you I would check it out. The one i have also helps with stretch marks, it's a combination of natural oils such as vitamin e and what not. Other than the baby lotion which is also hypoallergetic, I've tries aveeno and a few others that didn't work. Oatmeal in the lotion sometimes helps with itching as well.
    TheRaenonu

Answer by TheRaenonu at 5:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• WalMart makes an off brand of Eucerin that worked better for me than the name brand. it comes in a white pot and i can't remember what it says =/ but it works really well!!
    Anonymous

• Try a humidifier in your house and also I could not find anything at wal-mart just for itching but Aloe Vera helps and also powder.
    Expecting_Momma

Answer by Expecting_Momma at 6:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• dont take hot showers. hot showers will dry out your skin worse. use a humidifier, try using a body wash rather then soap, soap can dry out the skin as well. Try goldbond lotion. I know its sort of an old persons lotion lol. but when I had severely bad dry skin that was the ONLY lotion that helped. I also have OCD with dry skin, so I have tried every loition on the market, and Goldbond is definitely the best! the menthol one is very soothing.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• what about putting baby oil on right after your shower/bath? Also I agree with the avoce poster - don't use hot water, that dries out your skin.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009