Does anyone do Medical Transcription?

I am currently taking an online prodram for MT and was wondering what the money is like and more importantly if companies are hiring recent grads? Please give me all the information you can shre. Thank you.

ktnbags

Asked by ktnbags at 5:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• What school are you going through? I am taking a legal transciptionist program, but I have a friend who does medical and she works from home and gets paid per job. ACtually she transcribes dispatch tapes and gets paid per job but she does do medical as well. I wish I had her email I'd give it to you so you can ask her about it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I looked into this and ost of the companies either require a certain amount of experince (most at least two years) or you go through a "internship" but some you have to pay for the training material and you dont get paid. It is good money if you can get into it, but each transcript can take like 2-3 hours to transcribe but you get paid like $50 on average per one so if you can do 3 a day thats 150 a day x5 is 750?! so thats good.
    grunt_wifey

Answer by grunt_wifey at 7:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009