Have you ever flirted with a guy who wasn't your type?

There is a guy at work who has started flirting with me. Harmless stuff, kind of like the flirting that used to happen in school, like teasing me and what not. I laugh and play along but he is so not my type! He's nice and good looking but just not the kind I usually go for. It hasn't become anything more then that and I won't let it turn into anything more then friendly stuff but it's been so long since a guy has given me that kind of attention. Is it wrong to go along with it as long as it doesn't turn into anything serious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope. Flirting by definition is supposed to be light-hearted and fun. Maybe make it known (in a subtle way) that you aren't lookiing for a dating scene at work. That way he is forwarned that you would not date someone you work with, but you are both free to flirt and keep up the laughter. Just find a way to work it into a conversation casually so that he hears the message but doesn't necessarily think its about him. Even if you just happen to say "You are a good friend ____" or maybe even something like "Its so nice to be able to talk to a guy without him expecting a date." Or ask him for advice about a guy situation "Hey, since we are friends, let me get your guy opinion on ths...What do you think this guy meant when he said/did ______?"
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think you already know the answer to that one....
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'd say (from experience) the only time it's harmful is if your only acting this way towards him because I was considered a 'flirt' (still am) & everyone knew it meant nothing because i'm that way with everyone. But when you single out just one guy it will send mixed signals. Plus I still have my 'flirty' personality & am married & DH says it's one of my characteristics he loves about me. He says it makes everyone feel relaxed &gives people an automatic ego boost when I'm around & he loves seeing how people react to me. When one of my long time friends asked him if it bothered him he laughed & said "No why should it? Thats just her & look how much fun everyone has when she shows up, besides I have nothing to worry about she gives me all that and so much more so I dont mind sharing her attention every now & then"
    So if your going to 'flirt' make it something you do with everyone or dont be suprised when he wants something more
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 6:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I flirt with many men bc they are men, not bc they are my type and not bc I want them. I just enjoy flirting.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am a flirt by nature. It's a huge part of my personality. It has nothing to do with being attracted to anyone. It's just me. And I flirt with everyone. Male and female alike. So no it's not a big deal. As long as you know it's just harmless fun.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2009