What can you tell me about Gerber baby foods?

Good? Bad?

I feed my son jar food every day. The only thing I've ever heard is, not to feed them deserts because they contain added sugar.

AmberMoffat

Asked by AmberMoffat at 6:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmmm... I do know that if you want them to eat veggies ones... you need to feed them that first and not the fruit ones first, because if you do thats all they will want! but all in all I think baby foods are good for your baby, but you can make your own if you want to save money and they are just as good, if not better!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• gerber's great! I usually make my own babyfood, but when I get jarred I usually get organic gerber jars.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I raised all three of muy kids on Gerber baby foods until they started eating table food-our meals. It was good-I tasted most of them. They were very healthy children. (Is there some kid of new Rumor about Gerber? LOl. I can't wait to hear it. ) Seriously, they do make good baby food!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The only concern I have on any baby food in a container is that the plastic is BPA free. I used the glass jarred variety to be safe.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• When I stayed at home full time, I'd make my own baby food. But now that I'm working, I don't have the time! I used to buy the Earth's Best organic food, but it got to be too expensive. Now I use the Gerber foods and my son loves them. We don't have a problem of fruit vs. veggie and him liking the fruit more ... he likes EVERYTHING, he just wants to EAT :)

Right now his favorite things are the Lil' Crunchies Cheese Puffs. I have to say, after trying one (or six, whose counting?), they're pretty darn good!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• they''ve been beyond perfect for my son, he loves everything. we're avoiding the meat right now...wanna wait till he's a bit older. they taste good too! no extras in them, I love that
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• TIMELESS GLASS -- You'd be interested to know this, because I'm a little freaked by BPA too and have done some research... Gerber plastic containers ARE BPA FREE... But get this! There IS BPA in the lids of the GLASS ones,... same with Earth's Best brand. So go back to the plastic ones if you're worried about this! I mostly make my own, but was really surprised to learn this.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• there isn't really anything negative I can tell you about them. Or beech nut. I used both. Just watch out for allergies, that's about it. Oh and stage one meats are really nasty, and I don't know a single baby that enjoyed them, lol. My daughter only was on stage 1 for two weeks before moving to stage 2. By the time she was ready for stage threes, she only was on them for a short time as well, maybe 2 weeks, before moving to regular foods. (She didn't really like the taste of stage 3's because most had carrots, and she wasn't fond of the gerber carrots, lol).
    Stage 1 is more for babies that still need a little help sitting up. Stage 2 is when they can sit up on their own. Stage 3 is for more when the teeth are just starting to come in.
    MY DD LOVES gerber puffs. They are good starter snacks,and right now she eats table food or gerber toodler food trays when she is at her dads. Very helpful as well :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• they also have juices that are nice when your kid is over a year old, and you are at the play ground (milk is so hard to keep fresh while at the park, so normally I make a sippy of milk before we leave that she drinks on the way, and then I bring the juice for later on the way back. That way I don't have to worry about it spoiling. Also they are nice, when my DD was 9 months, because you can screw almost any bottle cap right onto them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My kids all preferred Beechnut.

I opened several jars of their food to find black gunk in it (reported to the company and they only wanted to replace the jars)

I've had several issues with other of their products including their pacifiers...their 6 month size pacifier I found COMPLETELY inside the mouth of my 3 month old baby. And it was one with a larger shield.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009