Is this ok?

My three week old son usually eats about four ounces of formula during the day but at night when he is asleep or really sleepy he only eats three before he quits sucking. Is this ok? I try to wake him up to finish his four ounces but he isnt having it!

CarleeDalene

Asked by CarleeDalene at 6:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its fine
    let sleeping baby sleep so you can slepp too
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• yes its fine!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You should never force a baby to finish a bottle if they indicate they are done. It will program them to think that their instincts are wrong and they will not learn how to listen to their bodies. If he is refusing it probably means he is full.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• thats just fine! if he's full he's full. dont worry about waking him up to finish and let him sleep!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Its fine. Believe me, you will know if he wants or needs more. At night my breast fed baby doesnt seem to eat for long and is out too. Does this mean she might wake up sooner? yeah maybe. but sometimes not.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 6:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

Anonymous

• absolutely, he will let you know when he wants more!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My daughter is 3 months and doesn't take that much when I pump a bottle. They'll let you know when they're hungry and full. If he is gaining weight properly, don't worry one bit.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009