Has anybody ever drank alcohol while pregnet?

I did ,but at the time i didnt know i was preget but i stopped after i found out. and my lil one is as healthy as i dont know what and he is very mature for his age. the doctor says he is tall and very smart for his age. he is 5 months old and is already trying to walk, he crwls and sis lie a genious. i just want to know if im the only one who made the mistake of drinking, or if there is more women out there whos experienced the same as me? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• in the olden days people drank while pregnant and babies were fine for the most part. if your getting drunk often, that could definately cause harm. A glass a wine every once in a while is no longer suggested, but I've never known it hurting anyone.
    TheRaenonu

Answer by TheRaenonu at 6:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i was in panama when it hapened and i only gota lil buzz i didnt drink too much to where it caused me to get drunk.
    Anonymous

• i drank vodka when i was pregnant and beer and i idnt know i was pregnant and im not much of a drinker anyways so thats good and my baby is perfectly fine too she is very very smart!
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 6:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i did before i knew i was prego, but never after finding out
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• therae ever heard of fetal alchohol syndrome? it is VERY dibilitating
    Anonymous

• I drank, not very heavily though it made me sick, hint hint your prego stupid but I was not aware of that at the time, I do know a woman that adopted a child with fetal alcohol syndrome its really sad he is a good kid though and she is a wonderful woman for doing what she is doing of him!

Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 6:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• only before I knew I was preggo. one night after lots of beer drinkin at a bar, SO and I went to our friend's parents house to use the pool, grill out and party some more...but I just felt...so weird and funny. YEP that was my body's way of sayin stooooop you're preggo! i took a test a few days later and there ya go lol. but no I didnt drink while i knew I was pregnant. well I did take a tiny ass lick of my SO's beer and it was nasty. my son turned out very healthy! there's no safe amt of alcohol to consume so its better to avoid it all together, but I've heard of doctors giving the thumbs up one ONE beer or ONE small glass of wine, and only once in a blue moon of there are no complications
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would occasionally drink a beer or a glass of wine but not often. All my kids are healthy,intelligent grown -ups now so I guess it didn't hurt at all. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• A girl I know drank while she was pregnant. Her child is small in stature and has a lot of learning and speech problems. The child is almost 10 years old and still in the 1st grade. She didn't drink often but she did drink throughout her pregnancy. It made me wanna scream at her everytime I seen it. I don't agree with drinking at all when you're pregnant. Not knowing you're pregnant is one thing but to drink knowing you're pregnant is asking for trouble.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Celebrated my 21st before knowing I was pregnant. THe occasional drink won't hurt anything, according to doctors. I guess it's how youfeel about it.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009