What would you do if you were recently divorced and wanting to date (having no luck doing so), but your ex is still in love with you and you think you may still have some feelings for him?

I am recently divorced and wanting to date (having no luck doing so though) and my ex is constantly asking when I will take him back, i'm not sure i want to, but I think I may still have feelings for him....

Meg-believe

Asked by Meg-believe at 6:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Well you guys got divorced for a reason...
    I would date around a little and question what made you get divorced.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• stay far far away from him
    it is natural to have some feeelings, you were married, but i agree with above, you divorced for a reason
    my parents seperated/divorced 12 years ago, i think my mom sill allways love him, but she thinks he is an idiot and an ass
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i agree with kbmancine! feelings are still there, probably because you were once married to this guy. but if another part of you knows to let him go, try to date a little
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The divorce is still fresh and definitely there are still feelings involved. Not sure what your reasoning behind the divorce was, but I'm sure it was a good one. Your ex is just realizing what he lost and can't handle the fact that your moving on. Give yourself time to find yourself. You don't need to rush straight into the dating scene right away. That's the mistake a great deal of women make.
    living4mykids

Answer by living4mykids at 6:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would remember why I divorced him in the first place

Answer by admckenzie at 6:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't date yet... Anyone for that matter. Keep your distance from your ex (meaning not hanging out or calling etc etc that will only keep your feelings fresh) but don't start dating yet if you still think you have feelings for your ex bc you will sabbatoge any relationship you get into. I personally think you should give it 6 months and see what your feeling then, If you still think you may have feelings for your ex call him up and hang out a while see what happens. But if in 6 months you realize your feelings arent as strong as they were/are now or non exsistant even then move on and start dating other guys. Good Lick in everything
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 7:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I can't say whether you are ready to start dating or not, but I do think that dating others would be a good idea, when you are ready. If, in fact, you are still in love with the ex, dating will help you realize that and help you figure out what needs to be done to fix the relationship. And if you are not still in love with him, dating will help you see what a nice, good guy should treat you like and what a good relationship should be like and enable you to stay away from the ex. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009