• In the Spotlight:

I choose to breast feed my DD, now my breasts bring me no pleasure, is this normal?

So now that I am done breast feeding, and DD is sleeping in her crib, DH and I have the chance to have sex again. (And just when I thought we were going to forget what it was). DH always goes for the BBs, and likes the nipple. Here is the thing, it does nothing for me anymore. I mean nothing. If anything it kills the mood for me a little bit. IDK if it's just me or if it is related to BFing. The only person I know that I am comfortable talking to about this, didn't breast feed. Her opinion wouldn't be that helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• How long has it been?? Its likely that its still fresh in your mind. I have had all 4 kids hanging off my boob at some point and now that they are all older, my breasts are mine again. The pleasure will come back and so will the feeling in them. Just be patient and if it does turn you off to have him touch them, then tell him to be gentle and focus on other areas until it passes. I will pass, I promise. You just need to get used to the idea of them being yours again. Good luck!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• They turned into a motherly thing and reminded me of my child. Even now when it's been a long while since I stopped. I still think of them as milk givers not sex toys.
    Anonymous

• That is kind of how it is for me. Before a little nipple flick, or sucking and I was over the top with pleasure. Now it reminds me of breast feeding, and I am turned off. I still let DH go for it because he enjoys it, but it holds no more pleasure for me.
    Anonymous

• No use stopping bfing because it won't diminish the fact that they are no longer sexual toys to you. I think it is something that is likely to stick with you the rest of your life.
    Anonymous

• I stopped BFing because my supply dried up when my DD was 11 mths old. I wouldn't stop BFing for something as selfish as sexual pleasure. But thanks for your very unhelpful answer.
    Anonymous

• **I meant IT** sorry.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Mine got insensitive due to the amount of bf that I did! It sort of came back awhile after I was done though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I stopped BFing in December. Thank you for your reply. It is nice to know the sensation will come back eventually.
    Anonymous