After how many c-sections will you not be able to find some one to do a VBAC??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my GUESS is 2
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think it depends on why you had them and I think they would likely only do it after the first one only.
    Anonymous

• 3, because after 3, they tell you to get your tubes tied because having more than 3 c sections is a very risky procedure.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It all depends on the health care provider, the incision, reasons for cesarean, etc. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• hellokitty86 I've had the c-sections and was not told not to have more kids or to get my tubes tied, I did, but the dr really didn't want to do of fear that I would want more kids. While I still don't regret getting them tied, I'm just saying that after 3 sections my dr still wanted me to keep my options open to have more.
    Anonymous

• Where I live, it's only one. There is a ban on VBAC's here. We're protesting it, but so far no luck.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 6:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• sarapurser good luck on getting that ban lifted!!!
    Anonymous

• ANON :46, I GUESS YOU DOC DIDNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT U THEN, HUH? IT IS RISKY, YOU COULD DIE!!!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• hellokitty, where did you get your information from? There is no need to have your tubes tied after a third cesarean. You have no idea how long they were spaced out, etc. Really, you're very rude.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• hello kitty- u dont know how wrong u are- im about to have my 5th csection and my doc is already asking me when im trying for my girl (ive had all boys) also he said that as long as everything looks good then i can have as many as i want- so u need to check ur info- but also the docs usually dont want a vbac after 2 c/s because theres too much of a risk of tearing during labor but if u wait like 5 yrs in between they might try it
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009